The Skillbuilders Physiotherapy team offers extensive experience, practical skills and empathy in working with children.
Our diverse range of specialties across the Physiotherapy field includes:
- Early intervention for babies and toddlers
- Specific therapeutic interventions for primary and high school students experiencing movement-based difficulties.
- Working with children with a specific diagnosis eg. autism, cerebral palsy, dyspraxia, fragile X, downs syndrome, global developmental delay, etc
Why do some children need Physiotherapy?
Children and their families may benefit from Physiotherapy assistance focused on the following areas of identified need:
- ‘Babies and toddlers on the go’: Early movement skills, eg crawling, walking, developmental delay
- ‘Fluent movement’: Coordination, balance, control and strength.
- 'Magic Muscles': Tight muscles (eg torticollis, toe walking, spasticity) and floppy muscles (eg hypermobility, low muscle tone, flat feet)
- 'Sit tall, Walk tall': Posture and gait
- 'Development Squad': Fitness and Sport participation
- 'Bike Riding': Confidence and skills
Other specific reasons for referral to Physiotherapy include:
- Post botox rehabilitation
- Joint pain, eg with Juvenile Arthritis
- Sports injuries in children
- School visits to support access and participation
- Equipment prescription and sourcing
Book an appointment or download our Physiotherapy Brochure below
Physiotherapy Group Programmes
Click on the links below to find out about the fabulous small group programmes being offered by our Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists:
Our 'Squad Training' is a movement skills programme for children aged 5-12. The programme is especially for children with motor learning difficulties of any description and helps with development of strength, balance and coordination!
Our group focuses on improving children's bike skills and confidence. This programme helps develop balance and strength in a way that is functional and fun.