Skillbuilders was founded in 1995 as the first private therapy team for children in Western Australia. We have provided quality therapy services to thousands of children and their families ever since. We always have experienced, dynamic therapists who are guided by parents and teachers to achieve the goals that matter most. Individualised therapy support is coordinated amongst the team to provide a plan that fits with the family. School, home and day-care visits are provided as appropriate to observe children in their regular environment, liaise with people involved with their day-to-day care, and to ensure developmental opportunities are maximised. Therapy services are provided on a regular basis at school, home and/or day care as needed.
When we couldn't find the equipment we needed for our clients we went searching, and that's how our fantastic therapy resources shop evolved. Always innovative, Skillbuilders continues to lead in the provision of children's therapy services and products across Australia.
Caryn Mincherton and Penny Melsom coordinate our Therapy Services and Therapy Products.
Caryn and Penny both have backgrounds in Occupational Therapy and have been working together for a really long time! In fact, since before Skillbuilders inception in 1994!
Our Mission and Values
Our mission is to provide top quality, individualised therapy services to our families. Our clients will continue to be referred because of our excellent reputation in the community. We will also continue to be a leading retailer of therapy equipment and resources across Australia.
The following value statements are the foundation of Skillbuilders. The Skillbuilders Team works toward:
- Integrity: We value, trust and respect, honesty and openness. We will act ethically in all our relationships.
- Client Focus: Our reputation as a leading child therapy service provider will be built and maintained by treating clients as individuals and consulting with families and carers. Clients will receive excellent service – products will be priced competitively and delivered efficiently.
- Innovation: Skillbuilders are innovative therapy service providers. We will look for new ways to improve our performance and only do those things that ensure our business and therapy practices are successful.
- Growth: Skillbuilders is focussed on growth – for both therapy services and products. We will ensure sufficient skilled and capable people are available to satisfy growth requirements for our clients.
- Safety: Safety is a priority value for our team. We will ensure a safe working environment for staff and fellow professionals. Our facilities will be maintained and equipment use supervised to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients.