TheLeaders Guideis a comprehensive gold mine of Alert Programme information for use in school, clinic, or home settings. It will provide everything you need to teach self-regulation with confidence, including:
TheLeaders Guideis intended for individuals who are familiar with sensory processing techniques. Those who are unfamiliar with this theory can implement the program with consultation from an occupational therapist trained in sensory processing. We recommend those not familiar with self-regulation concepts to begin by reading theIntroductory BookletandTake Five!book. Or take theAlert ProgramOnline Course(theLeaders Guideis included in the price of the course).
- Overview of the underlying theory and concepts of sensory integration and self-regulation.
- Unique methods to teach other adults (teachers, parents, etc.) about the Alert Programand the importance of self-regulation.
- Twelve detailed steps to teach independent self-regulation.
- Lots of low-budget activity ideas.
- Personal stories that clearly illustrate the programme.
- All worksheets, charts, and pictures needed for the programme (permission to copy Appendix pages is included).