Paediatric Physiotherapy Perth
The Skillbuilders Perth paediatric physiotherapy team offers extensive experience, practical skills and empathy in working with toddlers / kids / children.
Our diverse range of specialties across the Physiotherapy field includes:
- Early intervention for babies and toddlers
- Specific therapeutic interventions for primary and high school students experiencing movement-based difficulties.
- Working with children with a specific diagnosis eg. autism, cerebral palsy, dyspraxia, fragile X, downs syndrome, global developmental delay, etc
Why do some children need Physiotherapy?
Children and their families may benefit from pediatric physiotherapy assistance focused on the following areas of identified need:
- ‘Babies and toddlers on the go’: Early movement skills, eg crawling, walking, developmental delay
- ‘Fluent movement’: Coordination, balance, control and strength.
- 'Magic Muscles': Tight muscles (eg torticollis, toe walking, spasticity) and floppy muscles (eg hypermobility, low muscle tone, flat feet)
- 'Sit tall, Walk tall': Posture and gait
- 'Development Squad': Fitness and Sport participation
- 'Bike Riding': Confidence and skills
Other specific reasons for referral to Physiotherapy include:
- Post botox rehabilitation
- Joint pain, eg with Juvenile Arthritis
- Sports injuries in children
- School visits to support access and participation
- Equipment prescription and sourcing
Paediatric Physiotherapy Group Programmes
Click on the links below to find out about the fabulous small group programmes being offered by our children and kids Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists:
Our 'Squad Training' is a movement skills programme for children & kids aged 5-12. The programme is especially for children with motor learning difficulties of any description and helps with development of strength, balance and coordination!
Our group focuses on improving children's bike skills and confidence. This programme helps develop balance and strength in a way that is functional and fun.
Register your child
Please simply email us with your name and your child's name to register your interest for Physiotherapy services. We will then send you our Registration Form.
Please remember to check your email for our reply (including your spam) as we always reply!
Download our chilrens physiotheray brochure below