Speech Therapy for Children in Perth
The Skillbuilders Perth based speech therapy team offers extensive experience, practical skills and empathy in working with children.
Speech Pathology Perth
We have a team of Speech Pathologist working with us at Skillbuilders. All of our Speech Therapists have extensive experience in working with children.
Speech Therapy For Children
Our diverse range of specialties across the speech therapy field includes:
- Early intervention for babies and toddlers
- Specific therapeutic interventions for primary and high school students experiencing communication and language-based difficulties.
- Working with children with a specific diagnosis eg. autism, cerebral palsy, dyspraxia, dyslexia, fragile X, downs syndrome, global developmental delay, etc
Why do some children need speech therapy?
Children and their families may benefit from Speech Therapy assistance focused on the following areas of identified need:
- 'Baby Babble': Early language development
- 'Talk the Talk': Speaking clearly at an age appropriate level
- 'Understanding the Lingo': Comprehension skills
- 'Express Yourself': Age level vocabulary and grammar
- 'SocialEyes': Interacting with peers
- 'Literacy - Keys to Learning': Sounds, letters, spelling, reading, writing
Other specific reasons for referral to Speech Therapy include:
- Hearing impairment
- Learning disabilities - dyslexia, dyspraxia
- Play and social skills
- Mealtime concerns - eating and drinking
- Use of augmentative assisted communication devices
Perth speech pathology services are provided either at our centres, at your home, or at your child's school or Day Care Centre. The decision as to where services are provided is made with parents and is based primarily on the child’s needs, also taking into account practical and logistical considerations.
Speech Therapy Group Programmes
Click on the links below to find out about the fabulous small group programmes being offered by our Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists:
This programme introduces children to strategies to help them cope with various social situations, enabling them to practice in a comfortable, safe environment. We have groups for primary school aged children, as well as for younger children (4-6 year olds.
This group is for our Littlies - for 2-4 year olds. It aims to prepare children for more structured learning environments at Kindy and Pre-Primary and promotes fine motor, gross motor, language, social and play skills.
This group helps children develop their phonemic awareness skills which are the building blocks required for reading and writing skills. Children who struggle to identify the alphabet letter sounds, struggle to identify real rhyming words or find it difficult to take apart and build words. Children will practice these skills to enhance their confidence with reading and writing.
Download our Speech Therapy Brochure below
Book an appointment
Please simply email us with your name and your child's name to register your interest for our Perth based speech pathology services. We will then send you our registration form.
Please remember to check your email for our reply (including your spam) as we always reply!
On this page:
- Paediatric Speech Pathologist Perth
- Speech Therapy for Children Perth
- Speech Therapist for Kids Perth
- Childrens Speech Therapy Services